top of page

Drainage Permits


Nobles County landowners and operators that wish to install drainage tile, cleanout ditches or work in a wetland need to obtain several permits prior to starting work. 

All Drainage Work in Nobles County Requires:
FSA AD-1026


An FSA AD-1026 form must be completed at the Farm Service Agency to ensure compliance with Farm Program requirements. Allow a minimum of 30 days for review of the 1026 by NRCS staff. 

Wetland Conservation Act Permit 


A Wetland Conservation Act Permit must be obtained for all drainage projects in Nobles County. This permit needs to be completed with the Nobles SWCD office. Allow a minimum of 30 days for approval. 

Additonal Permits and Notifications may be needed from the following Government Units:
Minnesota DNR Water Permit


A Minnesota DNR Water Permit is required for all work located in the shoreland zone of all lakes and streams identified as public waters by the State. Contact the Minnesota DNR or stop in the SWCD/NRCS office in Worthington for more information. 

Watershed District Notification


A Watershed District Notification is required for work located in the Kanaranzi-Little Rock Watershed District, Heron Lake Watershed District, and the Okabena-Ocheda Watershed District. Notifications are available at the Nobles SWCD/NRCS office in Worthington. 

bottom of page